The all-new Echo debuts as a no-compromise sail for those who demand the best dedicated trickster on the market. This sail is designed for those who push the limits of freestyle and forge a new standard for our sport. The latest edition features an even more compact outline, flatter foot batten profiles, a tight leech, and ample luff curve down low.
Unlock massive flat-water tricks by tapping into the custom membrane’s limitless pop. The ultra-light HD Membrane Matrix locks profiles, yet delivers and easy breathing feel. There is nothing like an Avanti.
New For 2017
– No center-seam sock design for smooth entry and unmatched durability.
– New leech design gives increased stability, power and a very direct response from the rig at all times.
– Updated compact outline keeps power centered and controllable.
– Wide dacron panel along the luff gives faster and lighter transition from neutral to fully powered up
– The Larger window design, with custom fiber mapping around frame of window gives added structural integrity to the entire membrane.
– Increased luff curve down low adds unmatched torque on demand.
– Flatter foot batten shaping ensures silky smooth transitions and rotations.
Youp Schmidt, came to us with a very defined wish list this year. His feedback was key to advancing the design. The 2017 Echo is an enormous step forward. The end result is a true freestyle sail that will not only knock the socks off a professional athlete, but will deliver unequalled ease of handling and playfulness to mere mortals.
– Dan Kaseler
Feather Weight Construction
– HD Membrane Matrix gives maximum strength and durability, while resisting puncture and catastrophic failure in a way only Avanti can deliver.
– Feather Weight Construction puts this sail weight 15-20% under industry standard.
Performance & Durability
– Rainbow Batten Trajectories minimize pocket stretch and ensure rigged symmetry.
– Anti-Abrasion Silicon Bumpers prevent unnecessary wear.
– MicroLight Batten Tensioners provide balanced loading and even skin tension.
– Black Twaron fiber, accented by vibrant polyester yarns ensure sails that are light, low-stretch, and impact resistant.
– Updated Fiber Map. HotSpot clew to luff trajectories, and more fiber on the head to tack load line keep shape locked and control twist, especially up high.
– Nylatron Tack Pulley. Super lightweight pulley wheels, reduce friction, and allow easy downhauling.
– Kevlar Reinforced Fairings give maximum durability against abrasion.
– Helix Leech Plys minimize cyclical flexing along a given line and extend longevity and toughness of leech.
– Teijin 8083 luff sleeve material gives excellent durability and repels water.
|4.0||372||145||4||4||0||370 SPINE RDM||2.40|
|4.4||387||153||19||4||0||370 SPINE RDM||2.50|
|4.8||405||159||7||4||0||400 SPINE RDM||2.60|
|5.2||418||166||20||4||0||400 SPINE RDM||2.80|
|5.6||436||171||8||5||0||430 SPINE RDM||3.00|
|6.2||453||182||25||5||0||430 SPINE RDM||3.20|